If you are a psychology student looking to start working on his dissertation, you are probably looking for some great psychology dissertation topics. We know, finding original ideas nowadays can be pretty tricky.
Luckily for you, we have just updated our list of topics and we now have 186 brand new ideas related to the 4 core topics of psychology: the group basis of behavior, the biological basis of behavior, the individual basis of behavior, and the cognitive basis of behavior.
According to the American Psychological Association, psychology is the field which studies the human mind, as well as various human feelings, thoughts and behaviors. Psychology aims to uncover how the human mind works and what triggers feelings, thoughts and behaviors in humans.
Yes, we really do have the dissertation ideas psychology students have been looking for, and they’re all on this page. In addition to the topics, we also have some information about the mandatory chapters of a dissertation. We decided to add this part because many students don’t really know how their dissertation should look like.
Main Chapters of a Dissertation
To help you get started on your paper as fast as possible, we would like to show you the main chapters of a properly written dissertation. The chapters are listed in their natural order, so you can also use our short guide as an outline. However, remember that some universities may have their own prescribed structure, so don’t forget to ask before you start working on your paper. Here is what 95% of dissertations should look like:
- Title page. This is pretty self-explanatory. Make sure it looks great.
- Acknowledgements page. While not necessary, you can use it to express gratitude towards the people who helped you with your paper. This is optional in many cases, as it’s basically a summary of your entire paper in just 200-300 words.
- Table of Contents. This is usually automatically generated by the word processor. Check it for accuracy.
- Introduction. Write your thesis statement, provide a bit of background information about the topic and introduce the research questions you are about to answer.
- Literature Review chapter. Use this chapter to show your readers the level of current knowledge on the topic. Why is your research important?
- Methodology chapter. In this chapter, you need to provide detailed information about the methods you’ve used to gather the data. Explain both how you will carry out the experiments and why your chosen methods are the best for the purpose.
- Results chapter. This is the chapter where you present the raw results of your research and experiments. Make effective use of graphs, tables, images, inferential statistics, etc. This is not the place to discuss the meaning of the data.
- Discussion chapter. This is the chapter where you discuss the meaning of the data you have collected. Interpret the data and discuss it in relation to the research questions you aim to answer.
- Conclusion. State the conclusions of your study and make sure you demonstrate that the data you have gathered and interpreted answers the research questions you’ve discussed in the introduction. Don’t hesitate to state the limitations of your research and recommend further research in specific areas.
- References List (or Works Cited). This is self-explanatory. Just make sure you list every source you’ve used to gather information for your paper.
- Appendix. This is necessary if you are dealing with a lot of data and cannot include it all in the body of the paper.
Our Latest Psychology Dissertation Ideas
We know that the main reason why you are reading this blog post is to find the best psychology dissertation ideas. You need some topics that will help you write your dissertation faster and get some bonus points for originality. The good news is that we have the dissertation ideas psychology students and their supervisors will love in 2022. Moreover, you can get assignment help in London if you need to save time for more interesting things to do. Anyway, go through our list and choose the best topic for your paper for free:
Interesting Ideas for a Psychology Dissertation
We will start our list with what we consider to be the absolute most interesting ideas for a psychology dissertation. Choose one of our topics and start writing your paper today:
- Research the rise in child abuse in Europe
- An in-depth look at behavioral therapy
- The effects of prolonged Xanax use
- What is the effectiveness of psychotropic medication?
- Why does depression mostly affect women?
- The effects of age on our memory
- What are the causes of mood swings?
- What motivates people to buy?
- What is the psychological impact of the Atkins diet?
- How do you explain the rise in gun violence in US schools?
Easy Psychology Research Topics
Of course, not all topics have to be difficult. Why spend a lot of time working on your paper when you can simply choose one of these relatively easy psychology research topics:
- How important is attention to children?
- Homosexuality as a psychological disorder
- The link between substance abuse and suicide
- The effects of marriage on your personality
- An in-depth look at implicit memory
- Compare explicit memory with implicit memory
- Psychological effects of being poor
- Research the science between military interrogations
- What does your pet say about your personality?
- Discuss the negative psychological effects of abortion
- An in-depth look at children’s problem-solving skills
- The effects of watching TV on your weight
- Research dreams and their effects on human psychology
- The link between substance abuse and depression
- Psychological effects of being homeless
- An in-depth look at the working memory
Social Psychology Dissertation Ideas
In case you are interested in talking about social psychology, you have arrived at the right place. Take a quick look as our excellent social psychology dissertation ideas:
- Talk about social cognition
- What are the effects of discrimination?
- Discuss the concept of “social influence”
- Discuss the concept of “group behavior”
- Talk about the triggers of aggression
- What is prosocial behavior?
- Research the concept of “social identity”
- Psychological effects of being a single parent
- Analyze speech development in toddlers
- Talk about self-esteem and its importance for academic success
- Research suicide rates during the COVID-19 pandemic
Forensic Psychology Dissertation Ideas
Forensic psychology topics are not easy to write about, but they are extremely interesting. Show you research and writing skills with these forensic psychology dissertation ideas:
- Mental health effects of using Zoloft
- Research criminal behavior patterns in the United States
- What is expert testimony?
- An in-depth look at psychological autopsy
- Discuss the notion of “correctional psychology”
- The accuracy of parental and child psychological evaluations
- Neuropsychological techniques in forensic psychology
Mental Health Dissertation Topics
You can always choose a topic related to mental health for your dissertation and you won’t get it wrong. Here are some nice mental health dissertation topics for you:
- Talk about the causes of anxiety
- An in-depth look at psychosis
- Psychological effects of smoking
- Research schizophrenia cases in the United States
- Discuss suicide rates during the Covid 19 pandemic
- Research the occurrence of bullying in UK schools
- Main causes of eating disorders
- Managing the psychological effects of panic disorders
- Psychological effects of alcohol addiction
- Causes and effects of the bipolar disorder
- Research the occurrence of post-traumatic stress disorder in veterans
- Effective treatment for the obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Managing insomnia in 2022
- An in-depth look at dysthymia
- Talk about the substance-induced mood disorder
- Compare 3 psychotic disorders
Clinical Psychology Dissertation Topics
If you are looking for some original clinical psychology dissertation topics for 2022, we’ve got your back. Check out the list below and choose the idea you like the most:
- Negative psychological effects of taking Lexapro
- Benefits of Prozac therapy
- Controversies surrounding prolonged Xanax use
- Can Zoloft treat OCD?
- Lithium-based medication for psychological disorders
- Discuss the concept of “psychic suffering”
- Research transference psychology
- The effects of psychodynamic therapies
Captivating Psychology Topics
Our team of writers managed to put together a list of the most captivating psychology topics. These ideas should work great in 2022:
- The use of drugs to treat bipolar disorders
- An in-depth analysis of psychotherapeutic dialogue
- Discuss the role of psychodynamic psychology
- Analyze some ethnic minority issues in your area
- Effective substance abuse treatments in 2022
- Treating social media addiction in US teenagers
- Psychological effects of substance abuse
- Innovative treatments for social anxiety disorders
- Psychological effects of the obsessive compulsive disorder
- Managing ADHD in 2022
Advanced Psychology Dissertation Ideas
If you want to try your hand at some more difficult topics, we have a list of advanced psychology dissertation ideas right here:
- What is the substance use disorder?
- Effects of psychoactive drugs on mental health
- Research language acquisition in toddlers
- An in-depth look at prenatal development
- Effects of 3 parenting styles of children’s mental health
- Research 2 learning disabilities
- Mental health effects of cyberbullying
The Best Psychology Research Questions
The best way to find a unique topic is to take a look at some research questions. We have the best psychology research questions below:
- What is social identity?
- What triggers group behavior?
- How does the Mediterranean diet affect our mood?
- Can you discuss the attachment theory?
- How can we alleviate the effects of autism?
- What are anxiety disorders?
- What are the effects of social stigma?
- What causes learning difficulties in toddlers?
- What leads to self-harm in US teens?
- What are the causes of narcissism?
- Is Freudian psychoanalysis accurate?
- What are the benefits of cognitive behavioral therapy?
- What is industrial psychology?
- What are the main causes of anorexia?
- What causes psychotic behavior in teens?
- What are the effects of drug abuse?
- What effects does media violence have on school children?
Informative Dissertation Ideas
We have some informative dissertation ideas, in case you want to write a paper that’s not overly difficult or technical. Check out our ideas below:
- Discuss the concept of “psychology of learning”
- What is organizational psychology?
- The role of a psychologist in UK schools
- The role of social influence on mental health
- The mental health effects of the Covid-19 pandemic
- Negative effects of remote work
- Virtual learning in 2022
In Depth Psychology Topics
If you want a topic that you can discuss in great depth, don’t hesitate to choose one of the in depth psychology topics we have prepared for you:
- Negative psychological effects of using Desyrel
- What is positive psychology?
- Talk about the fight against racism
- Research the national mental health crisis
- An in-depth look at person perception
- The psychology behind marketing
- Love from a psychological standpoint
Criminal Psychology Topics
To be honest, criminal psychology is not an easy thing to write a dissertation about. However, we have some relatively simple criminal psychology topics for you:
- Effects of drug-related crime on communities
- Psychological effects of law enforcement violence
- Discuss major breakthroughs in forensic psychology
- The causes of antisocial behavior in North Korea
- Mental health effects of domestic abuse
- The link between cognitive psychology and criminal psychology
- Study the thoughts and feelings of a criminal
Cognitive Psychology Dissertation Topics
There are plenty of things to talk about when it comes to cognitive psychology. In fact, we have some awesome cognitive psychology dissertation topics for students below:
- Analyze the processes behind human learning
- The role of psycholinguistics
- Discuss long and short term memory
- What is sensory encoding?
- What affects our attention span?
- Discuss language processing skills of pre-school children
- A closer look at the Myers–Briggs Type Indicator
- Discuss the ego and the superego theories
- What is operant conditioning?
Psychology of Personality Dissertation Topics
The psychology of personality is one of those fields that never get old. And you can write your paper on one of our psychology of personality dissertation topics:
- Discuss the 5 pillars of psychology
- An in-depth look at Idiographic psychology
- Talk about personality variations
- Investigating the human nature through personality psychology
- An in-depth look at Nomothetic psychology
- An in-depth look at the Attributional style theory
- The life and work of Gordon Allport
- Research the principle of self-actualization
- Research the freedom versus determinism philosophical angle
- Research the RIASEC vocational model
- The life and work of Sigmund Freud
- Narcissism from a personality psychology standpoint
- Discuss 2 behaviorist theories
- Research the importance of classical conditioning
- Talk about the Cognitive-Experiential Self-Theory
- Localizing personality traits in the human brain
- The role of genetics in our personality
Controversial Psychology Topics
There are many controversies surrounding psychology, like any other field. We have gathered some of the most interesting controversial psychology topics in this list:
- Negative effects of Ativan therapy
- Xanax: substance abuse or effective treatment?
- Talk about the Nature vs. Nurture debate
- Health effects of hypnosis
- An in-depth look at transcendental meditation
- The social behavior theory behind war crimes
- Research the use of psychological warfare
- Talk about the relation between education and motivation
Topics in Educational Psychology
Don’t be afraid to discuss educational psychology in your dissertation. The evaluation committee will surely appreciate it if you choose one of these topics in educational psychology:
- Compare and contrast 3 teaching methods
- Research the humanistic psychology theory
- Discuss individual differences in learning
- Ways to improve children’s’ learning experience
- An in-depth look at the structuralism theory
- Learning processes from a behavioral perspective
- Discuss the information processing theory
- Major advancements in organizational learning
- Talk about the operant conditioning theory
- An in-depth look at the Gestalt psychology
- Plato’s contribution to educational psychology
- Discuss the cognitive perspective of educational psychology
- Applications of educational psychology in teaching
- Applications of educational psychology in counseling
Topics Related to Psychological Disorders
Finally, we have a long list of topics related to psychological disorders, if you are interested in writing your dissertation on one of these ideas:
- Discuss depression and its effects
- Talk about the avoidant personality disorder
- Talk about the bipolar disorder
- Discuss the narcissistic personality disorder
- What is schizophrenia?
- What triggers psychoses in healthy adults?
- Talk about the histrionic personality disorder
- What is dementia and how does it appear?
- An in-depth look at autism
- What is the paranoid personality disorder?
- Analyze the schizoid personality disorder
- A closer look at the antisocial personality disorder
- Discuss the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Talk about eating disorders and obesity
- What is the generalized anxiety disorder?
Get Some Research and Writing Help
We know: writing a dissertation for the first time can be extremely difficult. If you already have a part time or full time job, things can get even more complicated. And you are one of those who search “do my assignment for me uk“, aren’t you? We recommend you to get some help from our dissertation experts.
All of our dissertation writers are degree holders who have been educated by top universities in the US and the UK. Of course, all our experts are native English speakers who are experienced at writing custom, high quality academic content at any level (uni, college, undergraduate, graduate).
Every student and every professor will be 100% satisfied with our academic writing services, guaranteed by our money back policy. It doesn’t matter that you are a college or a university student; our knowledgeable writers will help you write the best dissertation possible for a very affordable price. We have helped thousands of students to date. Just take a look at the feedback we have received online to see for yourself why we are you best choice when it comes to researching, writing, editing and proofreading a top notch dissertation.